Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Do You Overpack When You Cruise?

I was so excited when I took my first cruise just like you were or will be.  Did you overpack?  I did and so will you.  I had shoes for every outfit plus flip flops and tennis shoes plus deck shoes.  I took several bathing suits and everything I packed filled 2 suitcases and a carry on.  Needless to say, this was way before anyone charged for bags at the airport.

Now when I travel, I carry only what I absolutely need.  I take two pair of black slacks, 2 pair of play pants, and one black skirt and any tops should go with them.  I also take a black jacket as it will go over anything if I need to dress up.  I take one pair of shoes other than what are on my feet.  I wear very little jewelry other than my rings, one watch and one bracelet.  You don't want to wear a lot of jewelry when you travel anyway.  You are inviting disaster.  Your makeup can be cut down as well.  A little moisturizer, blush or bronzer, mascara, and a lipstick and you are set.  Remember, you are on vacation, not going to meet the president.  I now take one bag and no carryon.  This will do me for 7 days.

Now if you just have to pack an outfit or two for every day, try to roll your clothes.  You will fit more in your suitcase.  Put hose and/or socks inside your shoes, and be sure when you pack a hat to fill it up with underclothes to save space.  There is always more than one way to pack a suitcase.

What is your favorite ways to pack?

No comments:

Post a Comment